how to disinfect workplaces like professionals
To ensure business reopening goes safely and efficiently, we need to develop routine disinfection plan and practice social distancing. to maximum reduce risk of spreading the virus that causes COVID-19. It’s easy to get completed guidance about how to disinfect and clean your workplace through authoritative institutions like CDC and EPA. while I highly recommend to read these instructions and measures thoroughly on websites, even it may take you hours to go through all of them. Here we list below some tips about disinfecting and cleaning workplace, and properly using a disinfectant fogger. They are mentioned in the guidance more or less and we think they are important but easy for omission.
Letting cleaning services company take care of routine cleaning and disinfecting is an option. Professionals are certainly more knowledgeable and skilled than ordinaries on specific works. However, some start-up or small business owners might consider this as an expense. Also, as the demands of disinfection and cleaning increase significantly, your appointment might be postponed or adjusted in busy days. To know essential tips and techniques about proper disinfection and cleaning become important and in other way cost-efficient.
Contents included in this article
A few facts about the novel coronavirus you should know?
The individuals who carry coronavirus can have up to 14days incubation period, until they appear symptoms like fever, cough, breath difficult etc. And evidence shows the coronavirus can survive on objects for maximum 7days. It can be anywhere like doorknobs, tables, light switches, keyboards, carpets etc. In Someones’ impression, virus takes a few seconds to stick onto our hands. Actually the transition happens instantly, and virus enters into body via eyes and respiratory tract like nose and mouth.
Is it necessary to disinfect workplaces thoroughly before returning?
If your workplace has been unoccupied longer than 7days, you don’t need to thoroughly disinfect spaces because the coronavirus can’t keep active on objects as long as that. Instead of disinfection, you probably need to thoroughly clean your workplace, specially the HVAC system and water system. Also, to maximum reduce the chance of cross-contamination, CDC recommends to move or removed some objects specially in soft and porous material in public area, like sharing chat table and seats, rugs and cushions. You can stored them temperately also for sake of less disinfection and cleaning works.
Prepare equipment for disinfecting workplace.
If you have a workplace larger than 200 square meters (2000ft2), an backpack electric fogger sprayer will be a good investment. It will provide huge help to make disinfection easy and efficient. Besides, you would need to prepare microfiber towels, trigger spray bottle, and touchless soap dispenser. it’s important to prepare the disinfection and cleaning operator with full sets of personal protection equipment such as protect gowns, face mask, goggles, gloves etc.
The basic steps to disinfect workplaces.
Always operate cleaning before disinfection. Use microfiber mop and towels clean floor, desk, counter thoroughly. To choose the right floor cleaning tools, we have another article to explain different microfiber flat mops.
Most of household use disinfectant can kill coronavirus. EPA also have a list of approved disinfectant. However is approved to kill other bacterial and virus harder to kill than coronavirus. Remove visible contamination and dust can improve the effect of disinfectant.
- Measure the area of workplace and dilute disinfectant accordingly.
- Wear essential PPE such as gloves, N95 face mask, even gown and goggles if available.
- Fill the disinfectant fogger with diluted disinfectant.
- disinfect workplace in a regular order, normally following the from up to down, from inside to outside. Pay more attention to the high-touch objects by multiple people.
- Because disinfectant fogger sprayers produce 20-40micron disinfectant droplets which is able to float in air, some disinfectant can trigger asthma, So keep mask on and evacuate from disinfected room after applications.
- leave the workplace doors and windows closed for 1-2 hours, then open the windows to let fresh air in.
- if you got disinfectant left over in the tank, check the manufacturer’s manual about valid time. if it’s beyond the period to next use, pour the rest of disinfectant into drain if it’s claimed biodegradable. Or following the manufacturer’s instruction and rinse the disinfectant fogger thoroughly with plain water.
- Remember to make record after each disinfection, including date, operator name, disinfectant used, weather etc.
How to use a disinfectant fogger sprayer?
The first thing may come up is to choose the right device, you might be hesitated in whether electrostatic sprayer or fogger sprayer.(we have an article to do comparasion)
Hangzhou Moonlight Cleaning Products Co,.ltd provide the most cost-efficient yet powerful disinfectant fogger sprayer. It’s specially designed for disinfection during outbreak of COVID-19, only requires few steps to use and operate. So you don’t have to be trained and can do disinfection work like professionals.
- First of all, read the instruction manual. Fill the tank with disinfectant(diluted or undiluted) with an enclosed funnel. If you pour in undiluted disinfectant, please cover the cap when you intend to shake bottle to dissolve.
- Secondly screw bottle cap tightly(untight covering may result to low flow rate or even no flow output).
- Turn on the switch for motor, adjust the flow rate and droplets micron by rotating the knob integrated on handle.
- Spray disinfectant in a regular order, normally from inside to outside, from up to down, from left to right.
- Always close the liquid tunnel firstly by rotating knob, before turn off motor. This prevent leftover liquid go back to motor and cause short circulate.
how to make daily routine to prevent from exposure to virus?
From the first day we reopen til the situation getting steady, we are operating with a practical routine plan. Everyone should be taken temperature before entering office every morning. The distance between two desks should be at least 6 feet and better separated with a clapboard. Keep the windows open if weather permits. Avoid to use HVAC as well if you are blessed to live in comfortable climate area. Try to wear face mask all the time when you are accompanied with others in the office. Wash your hands frequently, using hand-wash soap and make sure washing time longer than 20seconds.